Here are some recruiting tidbits from the past week
- ’15 PG Isaiah Briscoe was in attendance for SHU’s opening game win over St. Francis. Briscoe is considered to be the top PG in the class of ’15 and probably one of the top 10 players in the Nation. He would be as big of get as Kyle Anderson would have been.
- ’12PG Jaylen Beckham won’t decide until the Spring signing period. Oklahoma State and Seton Hall have shown interest but have not offered. He does not seem to be at the Big East level but we will see how he plays this winter.
- ’12PG Madison Jones will not decide until the Spring. He said East Carolina and SHU were recruiting him the hardest, though SHU has not offered. Don’t expect him to end up at SHU
- JUCO PF Raymon Austin did not sign in the Fall signing period but told South Orange Juice that he will sign with SHU in the spring. However, I do not buy this. I would consider this an open scholarship.
- ’12PG Josh Gray did not end up at Seton Hall, which was not surprising after he canceled his visit to South Orange. He instead signed with Mississippi State.
- ’13PG Jaren Sina took his second visit to SHU within the past month last weekend. He would be a huge get and a potential program changer. He claims offers from Alabama, Seton Hall, RU, Cincy, Miami, PSU and SJU and interest from almost a dozen others. He also stated that location would not play a huge role in his decision.
- ’12G/F Kyle Anderson said recently that he was “sold on SHU” until he decided that he did not want to stay in Jersey.
- ’12C Jaleel Cousins (DeMarcus Cousins younger brother) was offered by Seton Hall last week. He is considered raw and needs a strong season to prove he is a Big East player but he is certainly big.